Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mommy, the copier is jammed!

"Janet, my mom would like to see you," I hear in a soft, high-pitched voice. It sounds like the voice of a child, but how could that be? I'm sitting at my desk in the finance department of my company, tucked away in the corner of this office building. It is 11:00 on a Thursday morning. Why would there be a child here?

I turn my head to the right and discover that there is indeed a little boy in the office. He looks to be about 8 or 9 years old. I watch as he leads Janet to the payroll administrator's desk. Of course it's someone in HR's kid. I believe it is the Human Resources department's personal mission to be as disruptive and annoying as humanly possible. I've seen a good 15-20 employees come and go in HR, and every single one has been a female, usually overweight, who constantly gossips and talks nonstop about her pathetic life as loudly as possible, so it is impossible to drown out the sound, even with iPod headphones at full volume. There also seems to be some sort of requirement where you must have an extremely loud, shrill, piercing laugh before you can be hired into the department. Oh, and an abnormally loud, startling sneeze.

So anyways, a Human Resources employee bringing her small child into work is like the fat woman stealing cupcakes from the office fridge. Of course it was her.

I mean, really, how obnoxious can you be? Who brings their kid to work? And no, I don't think it's "cute" at all. This is a fucking office. If I wanted to see kids, I'd spend my lunch breaks visiting the daycare next door or volunteering as a substitute teacher.

p.s. just a quick update. This fucking kid just delivered me my W-2. Like, are these people really serious right now????

No comments:

Post a Comment