Saturday, November 21, 2009

Merry FREAKING Christmas

*the following posts by BostonGirlwere transfered over from another spot we used to write. Enjoy

So, it looks like my first post on here will be a drunken one. Ehh... why not??

I'm trapped indoors due to the blizzard that hit Massachusetts today. We're supposed to get about a foot of snow. Like any normal person would do when a snowstorm hits, I've been drinking since they let us out of work at 3:00 this afternoon.

The thing is (how pathetic is this?), I couldn't be happier on a Friday night. I'm a pretty irritable person; it doesn't take much to make me angry. Traffic, people who don't return their carts to the designated spots in parking lots, long lines, people who don't use their blinkers, screaming children, people who go in the "Express" check-out line with more than 10 items... these things all drive me NUTS. I'm just very easily annoyed. But the snow, Christmas music, buying & wrapping gifts... that crap just makes me happy. I'm more than content sitting at home, drinking by myself, listening to Christmas tunes.

So here I sit alone, listening to Elvis Presley's "Merry Christmas Baby," wrapping dog toys in silver paper and red bows, drinking some Blue Moons and watching the snow fall outside. It's somehow peaceful.

Jesus fucking Christ, someone just had to ruin my moment by driving by my house with their fucking bass blasting. Listen, I know you're wicked cool with your hip hop beats and you don't care if there's a snowstorm - that's not gonna stop you from jammin' out and cruisin' in your pimped out ride. That's great and everything but just don't fucking do it in my neighborhood. I'm trying to listen to some Bing Crosby and wrap some Christmas presents and you have to wreck it with your UNNNNNTTTZ UNNNNNTZZZZZ UNNNNTSSSSSZ. I'm all set. Thanks. There is absolutely NO reason why anyone's music needs to be that loud inside their vehicle. I mean, it can only hold 5 people. Every passenger's ears are within a foot of a speaker.

Alright, my Christmas spirit is killed. LATA

No comments:

Post a Comment