Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I don't know.

She told me that she loved me way long ago. I believed her. And I loved her too. But her love stopped one day. What that date was is unclear to me because somebody neglected to inform me of the breaking news. She must have just assumed that I would figure it out.

So now, almost 5 months to the date that she decided to say the phrase that still keeps me awake at night, "I don't love you anymore," I can officialy say that I am no longer in love with her.

Sure, you might think that it took me a long time to get over her, I can agree with you that it was indeed a long time. But I though that she and I had something special. Not so suprising really, I was wrong once again.

Now, I'm not blaming her for what she did or didn't do, and I'm not saying that the relationship that we had was a waste of my time, I'm just letting you, and maybe her if she's reading this, that I'm over her.

Do I still love her? You're damn right I do. Am I still in love with her? No, I'm not.

If you're thinking that loving somebody and being in love with somebody are one in the same, well, you must not understand this little thing called love then.

Maybe she didn't understand the differences. Maybe she still doesn't. That's not my worry any longer.

And maybe that was the problem all along, the two of us having different opinions about what love actually was?

No comments:

Post a Comment