Thursday, April 30, 2009

How do YOU not have a boyfriend?

If I am asked this question one more time, I think I am going to go nuts.

I was at a work function when somehow the conversation led to me getting asked, "You have a boyfriend, right?" This is always an uncomfortable question for a single girl. I answered with a simple "no," and was bombarded with what seemed like a million "How do YOU not have a boyfriend?" and similar questions and comments.

Gee, I don't know, why don't I have a boyfriend?? If I knew the answer to that question, I probably would've fixed the problem and would be happily hitched by now. But thank you for calling attention to the fact that I can't manage to maintain any guy's interest for an extended period of time.

1 comment:

  1. Boston, you know of at least one guy who you keep can the attention of. Let's see, for the last three years anyway, you've had it.

    Just start telling the douche bags who ask how it's possible for YOU to not have a boyfriendm that there is a simple answer.

    "Guys bore me. Even the most creative and thoughtful guy still has never been close to giveing me anything close to what it is that I want; be it in or out of the bedroom. That's why I play for the all-girls team."

    This should make them say something along the lines of "Oh, can I watch you kiss her" or something more sexual than that.

    When that happens, tell the poor fool that if you did allow him to watch you with you GF, it would be too much work for you to clean up the mess he leaves after his man juice runs down his leg.

    Don't fret the small shit, kid. You'll meet him someday. You're still young. Not to worry.

    Who knows, maybe you'll meet him this October at Fenway when the Cubs are battling the Bo-Sox for the championship *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete